Be it sharing the secrets or trying to steal the T.V. remote, sibling love is greater than any love in this world. With bittersweet memories of growing up together, it's a sibling that makes every family function better. And because it's Raksha Bandhan season, we thought of bringing you some amazing facts about the tradition along with a few handpicked gift choices to make your brother feel extra special.
Interesting facts about Raksha Bandhan
- Major parts of North India follow an official day off for the Raksha Bandhan. Yes, are you having a holiday too??
- Many courier services come up with special rakhi delivery schemes so that no sister is late in sending her love to her brother. Isn't it cool?
- There are historical stories that King Porus, an Indian King, restrained killing Alexander the Great in the battlefield because Alexander's wife had sent a rakhi to Porus and he apparently couldn't do so, seeing the thread on his wrist. More power to rakhi!
- In order to strengthen the bonds of unity between the Hindus and the Muslims, Rabindranath Tagore, one of India's greatest poets and freedom fighters, asked people belonging to both the religious groups to tie rakhi to each other. A great idea indeed!
- Besides India, Raksha Bandhan is also celebrated in Nepal as well as in some parts of Pakistan! Yes, that's true!
The 6th and the most widely known fact is that during this day, siblings exchange gifts as a token of love and care. And though brothers are usually expected to come up with gifts for their sisters, while tying the Rakhi, sisters don't leave the chance to pamper their bros.
To help you here, we came up with special Raksha Bandhan gift options to add some panache to your bro's look.
The classy backpack- Looking for something other than the common ‘shirt’ gifts for your brother? Well, how about a great looking laptop backpack? He can carry it very comfortable to work or while traveling too. We bet, he's gonna love this one!
New-age wallets - We know you had been eyeing on his pocket money while growing up together, however, it's time to give him back! You can check out our range of amazing slim and new-age wallets that he just cannot 'not like'!
The perfect pen- Nothing goes wrong with a pen! Yes, to let him start afresh, to let him know that he can pen down his own story and to give him something timeless, get him a pen. Being a one-stop hub for premium pens and writing instruments from all the leading global brands, we have a pen to go with every profession.
So now that you know how to make this Raksha Bandhan a little special with our range of gifts, don't hold yourself back to tell your brother how much you care. We know you don't need a gift to show how much love you have for your brother but if you are planning to gift him, why not select from the best ones? Explore here